Where we are going-


Sydney, Brisbane, Lombok, Singapore, Phuket, Maldives, Safaga, Alexandia, Naples, Rome, Messina, Santorini, Rhodes, Kusadasi, Athens, Katakolon, Corfu, Dubrovnik, Venice, Koper, Split, Mykonos, Istanbul, Anzac Cove, Naples, Rome, Livorno, Cannes, Marseille, Valletta, Sharm el Sheikh, Aqaba, Salalah, Mumbia, Colombo, Kuala Lumpur, Darwin, Sydney

Thursday, 15 August 2013

Orvieto (Italy)


As were are doing a fairly intensive tour of Rome next time we visit the port of Civitavecchia (for Rome) in about a month we decided to visit Orvieto which is a small hilltop village in the Umbria region Italy, this was about 1.5 hour drive from the port, but gee it was worth it.

After arriving we had a guided tour of the main points in the village, this region is renowned for its wine and handmade ceramics which were beautiful.  The village has one of the most beautiful churches in Italy (Oh, by the way I love Italy), the mosaic frescos on the front of the building were amazing.  After the tour we had free time to just wonder about, we had a coffee in a little café and there I made my second mistake in ordering coffee in Italy, anyway David had a nice cappuccino and I had ice cold BLACK coffee and we also had a small margarita pizza which was lovely, we also had the best Gelato I have ever had. 

Included in tour was lunch at a lovely local restaurant, David ate a pasta dish with a tomato based sauce for entrée, and actually admitted that he enjoyed it, I nearly cracked up laughing, but had to control myself. 

Anyway have to finish, as we need to go out to sail away drinks.  TTFN.






1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked Orvieto - it is beautiful - one of very many such hilltop towns. You will just have to return to Italy for a long trip. J x

    ReplyDelete